Contact Jasper EMA

Top Calendar

How Flood Impacted Residents Can Get Assistance

How can flood impacted residents get assistance?

  • Jasper County Health Department- help with medications and tetanus vaccines. For additional information, please call (641) 787-9224.
  • Capstone Behavioral Healthcare-mental health services and resources. For additional information, please call (641) 792-4012.
  • Central Iowa Community Services-financial assistance with bills, rent and any other flood expenses. For additional information, please call (641) 791-2304.
  • United Way-volunteer coordination. For additional information, please call (641) 792-1684.
  • American Red Cross-clean up kits, case management and food and clothing assistance and resources. For additional information, please call (515) 346-9732.
  • Salvation Army-flood recovery kits, food assistance and additional assistance. For additional information, please call (641) 792-6131.
  • Alliant Energy-help with turning gas and electric back on in homes. For additional information, please call 1-800-255-4268.
  • IMPACT- food assistance, personal property assistance and home repair. For additional information, please call (641) 792-3008.
  • Iowa Legal Aid-legal assistance for tenants with flood damage questions and concerns. For additional information, please call (515) 243-1193.
  • Jasper County Emergency Management- For additional information , please call (641) 792-7555.

What financial assistance is available?

The Iowa Individual Assistance Grant Program for qualifying residents of Jasper County. The grant program provides up to $5,000 for households with incomes up to 200 percent of the federal poverty level or a maximum annual income of $41,560 for a family of three. Grants are available for home or car repairs, replacement of clothing or food and temporary housing expenses not covered by insurance or other grant programs. Original receipts are required for those seeking reimbursement for actual expenses related to storm recovery. The grant application and instructions are available on the Iowa Department of Human Services website at Potential applicants have 45 days from the date of the proclamation to submit a claim. For information on the Individual Assistance Grant Program in Jasper County, contact IMPACT Community Action Partnership online at or to speak with an outreach worker/coordinator visit the office in the Jasper County Annex Building located at 115 N 2nd Ave E, Newton.

Will residents be able to get federal funding such as FEMA?

In order to qualify for federal funding, Jasper County is working to report the extent and severity of damage to FEMA. FEMA then determines our qualification for federal and individual assistance. To meet this threshold, it is very important for residents to report a damage assessment to 211, the Disaster Recovery Center or self-report it to Jasper County Emergency Management.  Make sure to take LOTS of pictures for damage reports so we can see the physical damage done to your home or property. Jasper County and the impacted cities are working very hard to get the damage assessments completed in a timely manner.

After the Flood:  Helpful information for those affected

Septic Systems

Each property owner must evaluate their own needs and their septic system. If the chance of a backup into the dwelling is non-existent or low the system may continue to be used. The flood and ground water situation has created many unusual circumstances beyond control. Measures should be taken to minimize human or pet exposure to areas of surfacing lateral fields. Fencing the lateral field area may be appropriate for some situations. In general it is expected most lateral fields will return to functioning condition once the flooding and groundwater returns to normal levels.

Copyright 2016 - Jasper County EMA